For all those people who wanted a way to takes notes while they
were on the net, rancidbacon.com presents: NoteTaker!
With NoteTaker! you simply select the text you want to keep, choose
"Take Note" from the context menu and your useful snippets are stored
for posterity--complete with source URL and date stamp!
- Mozilla 0.9.9 (other versions may work)
- The JSLib library from jslib.mozdev.org
- The NoteTaker! installer from rancidbacon.com
(Right click and choose "Save Link As..." & make
sure the file name is notetaker.xpi)
- Install JSLib file jslib_current_static.xpi
- Install the notetaker.xpi
- Restart your browser
How to Use
- A new item "Take Note" will now appear in your context menu
when you have text in the browser window selected.
- The first time you choose to "Take Note" you will be asked
for a location to save your notes.
- When the item is saved a confirmation will display in the
- And here's the results ...
- This software has not been widely tested AND YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- This software is licensed under the MPL/GPL/LGPL tri-license
for more details visit mozilla.org
- This only works under the browser and not mail or news at
- I have used this successfully under Mozilla 0.9.9 on Linux,
- I've had feedback that NoteTaker! also works with Windows 95/98
and Mozilla 1.0 Release Candidate 2.
- I'm keen to hear if you have success with NoteTaker! on other
platforms, either way please let me know.
- Thanks go out the JSlib crew & all at xulplanet.com/mozilla.org/mozdev.org
thanks for making the learning easier!
- To those on netscape.public.mozilla.wishlist sometimes you
get what you ask for.
Please note this tool is only available for Mozilla based browsers.
P.S. Excuse the banners if they get through your defences, I'm hoping
to move to a better server eventually...
rancidbacon.com -- it sure ain't freshmeat!
© Copyright 2002 rancidbacon.com